The Project Implementation Aims to:
• serve for the preservation of monuments of folk architecture of Gyumri, investments attraction in renovation and restoration,
• serve for publicizing Gyumri folk architecture, contribute the promotion of tourism, creation of tourist infrastructures with public and private funds,
• serve for the dissemination of information about cultural heritage objects and ensure access to such information; identification of cultural values, future research on historical monuments; serve for their interpretation in a modern way; for their registration, care and preservation.
• serve for inclusion of Gyumri city with unique popular architecture among the famous ancient cultural cities of the world, promote its appreciation and recognition.
The development and operation of the web site named “The City of Folk Architecture” has been made possible by the financial support of the European Union, in the within of project: “CHOICE – Cultural Heritage: Opportunity for Improving Civic Engagement”.
Implementing organization: “Third Nature” Non-Governmental Organization.
Lead partner: Association of Local Democracy Agencies – ALDA, France.
• Millennium Foundation for Education and Research, Armenia;
• International Non-Government Organisation “EuroBelarus”, Lithuania;
• Centre for Cultural Management, Ukraine;
• ICOM Moldova National Committee;
• Public Association “Centre for Social Innovations”, Belarus.